Thankful for our health - get RID of these three toxic cleaning products FIRST!
We are sure you know most of the dirt on conventional cleaning products. You know that most of them are either bad for your health in some way or they wreak havoc on the environment after they go down the drain. All in all, they are something you should toss to the curb and replace with clean, non-toxic, environmentally friendly products that will overall serve you and yours better.
If you like the idea of giving your cleaning cabinet under your sink or bathroom a green makeover but the thought of it overwhelms you, we have the answer. Baby steps!! Be mindful that even though most all cleaning toxins are bad, there are some worse than others. We are sharing our top 3 most toxic cleaning products to replace in your home first, then slowly replace others as you live in the glory of going green!
Here are the 3 most toxic cleaning products that you should do away with pronto:
Multi surface cleaners are probably the scariest cleaning product lurking in your home. These caustic mixtures commonly contain chemicals such as lye, trisodium phosphate, chlorine bleach and can cause damage to skin, lungs and eyes. They are sprayed and spread around your kitchen counters (where you prep the food you eat), furniture, home and more - spreading those chemicals everywhere!
- Try using just warm water and a washcloth
- For a more thorough cleaning, use our safety formulated all-purpose cleaner to avoid spreading toxins all around your home.
Most laundry detergents contain many many chemicals that are toxic, unsafe and harmful to the earth. Not only do these chemicals remain in your clothes after a wash cycle, but they could potentially penetrate your skin, especially when your clothes become damp or wet.
- Spot treat stains with club soda immediately when possible
- Though detergents have many unnecessary chemicals, it is important for them to have the correct enzymes that help tackle those stains and spills. It is important that your detergent focuses on that task at hand, just as ours does.
DISH SOAP/DISHWASHER POD
Dishwasher detergent can contain bleach, artificial fragrance, dyes, and a whole host of chemicals with known adverse health effects. These effects can be respiratory issues, endocrine disruptors, and known carcinogens. The residue effect of these chemicals are also something you don’t want on your dishes, pots and pans that you use to eat your food from.
- Rinse the food off your plates immediately after eating to avoid having to use as much product when cleaning
- For a more thorough clean, use our safety formulated dish soap and dishwasher pods that are safe, non-toxic, kid and pet friendly and will leave you with peace of mind that you are eating off truly clean dish-ware.